Re: kernel symbol redefined messages

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016, Robert Swindells wrote:

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016, Robert Swindells wrote:

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
With a kernel built from today's sources (updated via anoncvs on
2016-06-05 at 13:29:32 UTC), I'm seeing the following messages when

[snip]

Why doesn't the system think that the iic and bpf modules are already
loaded ?

It correctly thinks/knows that they aren't already loaded, because these
modules don't exist in my custom kernel.

You wrote that the iic functions were already linked into the kernel,
why isn't the module for them already registered too ?

That is, of course, the root question! Whoever created these two modules seems to have included one (or more) object files in the kernel _and_ in the module.

I guess the task ahead of me is to find out which object file(s) is being included in both kernel and module, and extricate one of the two copies.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |