Re: RAIDframe raidN device order

On 20 April 2016 at 10:22, Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
> When I configure my RAIDframe devcices using raidN.conf, I may run into the
> problem that after a reboot, the MPT controller may have assigned new pseudo
> SCSI Target ID to my SAS discs, so they get different sdN numbers and the
> array may fail to configure.
> The solution seems to be to use auto-configuration for the arrays. But then,
> how do I know which raidN device is which array?
> Is there any way to use UUIDs to solve the problem?

tl;dr - the Right Thing should Just Happen

autoconfig will try to persist the raidN number, so once you have them
setup you should be able to renumber any and all devices which provide
raid partitions and have everything still work with the same raidN
numbers (providing you can still boot the kernel if you are booting
from raid :)

The only time the raidN number will change is if you have two
autoconfig devices with the same number (eg: when adding an already
setup raid to an machine which overlaps with an existing raid)