Re: How to use the autoconf(9) interface alongside the module(9) one? (was: "How to compile a modified example kernel module")

> You should look at -current or -7.
>
> Of of the first modules you'll find that uses PCI is azalia:
>
> http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/modules/azalia/azalia.ioconf
>
> Martin

I thank you Martin for the fast response. I tried using NetBSD-7 but the installer was not detecting my hard disk drive but I managed to install NetBSD-6.1.5 with no problem. So, I'm sticking with this one for now.

But, let say I'm using NetBSD-7 and I want to build azalia as a module in my HOME directory.
How would I proceed?

For reference here is what module(7) says about building all modules :

>>   The common build tool of NetBSD, ``build.sh'', automatically compiles and
>>   installs all modules during a full system build and install.  However,
>>   sometimes it is useful to update only modules.  The following example
>>   demonstrates one way to do this.  It is assumed that the source code is
>>   under /usr/src, while the object and toolchain directories are under
>>   /usr/obj and /usr/tools, respectively.
>>
>>         cd /usr/src/sys/modules
>>
>>         export OBJDIR=/usr/obj
>>         export TOOLDIR=/usr/tools
>>
>>         make clean
>>         make
>>         make install

Is there a way of only building one module? (a module like azalia, not modules like ones in src/sys/modules/examples/)

---mugius---