Re: Interrupt time inflation on Xen

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 01:28:06PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I wonder if this is a netbsd-7 vs netbsd-6 thing.  Or only triggered by
> some interrupt mappings.

I'm wondering a few things:

Which version of Xen are the rest of you using?  I'm on 4.5.

Are the ATA drivers you're using still giant-locked, or are they now
MPSAFE (I'm digging, but I'm at the end of a long thin network pipe
today with only very old source trees on hand)?  Both the ciss and arcmsr
where I've seen this problem are SCSI, and the SCSI subsystem takes
KERNEL_LOCK.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart