Project: Convert printf() to aprint_*() and log()

Dear Concerned,

Good day! Hope you are doing fine. I am an aspiring kernel programmer
and a newbie to open source community. I'm interested in doing the
project "Convert kernel printf() to aprint_*() or log()" link:
http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/aprint/

I would be forever grateful if you could give me few pointers on how
to start the project. May be the project is trivial but this will be
my initiation to the open source community. I look forward to your
reply. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Shalom Rachapudi