Re: raidctl -B syntax

    Date:        Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:29:17 -0800
    From:        Brian Buhrow <buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost>

  | Here are the questions I think Edgar is asking:

Did you read what he asked, or even consider the subject line?

  | O  What happens if an i/o error occurs on B during reconstruction?  Answer:
  | This can't happen because the contents of B are not used during
  | reconstruction.  B is what failed, so it is considered dead.

The question was about what happens after that has successfully completed,
and it is decided that what happened to B was just some kind of glitch.
At that point, the "raidctl -B" that is the subject of this thread is
executed, and raidframe copiees C back to B.   The question of what happens
if the assumption was incorrect, and B really does have a problem, and
generates errors during this copyback.

  | I've been using raidframe for as long as it's been in the NetBSD tree
  | and I've never used the -B flag to perform a copyback from a spare to a
  | replaced original.

That's fine, but the option does exist, and understanding its effects,
and (if any) limitations, is not useless information.   Just saying
"I don't do that" doesn't really help.

kre