Re: In-kernel units for block numbers, etc ...

On Nov 27,  6:00am, Robert Elz wrote:
}
}     Date:        Fri, 27 Nov 2015 07:12:50 +1100
}     From:        matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>
}     Message-ID:  <18094.1448568770%splode.eterna.com.au@localhost>
}
}   | FWIW, i "fixed" raidframe on 4K disks a few years back.
}
} Do we allow mirroring where one drive is 512 byte sectors, and the
} other is 4K ?
}
} If so (and I'd hope the answer is yes) what happens if the 4K drive
} dies and is replaced by a 512 byte sector drive?

     I would hope the answer is no, considering how much that would
complicate things, not to mention the slow down (i.e. doing a single
sector write on one drive would require an RMW cycle on the other).

}-- End of excerpt from Robert Elz