Re: kern_sig.c

   Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:36:26 +1100
   from: matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>

   > Renaming things is fine, but please try not to break it :-)

   i'm not sure i agree with any of the proposals here for renaming.

   these are well entrenched names and concepts here and i don't think
   we should rename them without significant consideration.  i've never
   had problems with this code because of the terms, and if they all
   change away from what history and others use, i don't see what the
   benefit is.

Maybe Someone^TM could write a man page explaining the signal delivery
mechanism, including a flow diagram of all these functions and
descriptions of their respective contracts (as they are today, not as
they were in 4.4BSD).

If someone wanted to explain it all to me in the form of a long and
rambly email, which should be easily written by someone familiar with
the code, I would volunteer to turn that into an organized man page.