Re: New Syscall

   Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:55:41 +0100 (BST)
   From: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>

   If I add a new syscall at what point do I bump the version number in
   param.h ?

   Do I just do it when I have committed the kernel side or when I have
   done the userland bit too ?

Kernel side -- <sys/param.h> is about the interface contract that the
kernel implements.

   The syscall is sctp_peeloff().

Hmm...  Introducing a protocol-specific syscall doesn't strike me as a
great design.  I can imagine wanting to do something similar with,
e.g., minimalt, if we ever had that in-kernel.

If we have to have something protocol-specific, an ioctl would work
just as well, and use up a somewhat less scarce resource.