Re: Tester(s) needed: ixv(4)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 07:19:15PM +0900, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:

> It's required to use MSI/MSI-X function and SR-IOV. Currently,
> x86 except XEN support MSI/MSI-X function. And, to control SR-IOV,
> it's required to access the PCIe's extended configuration area.
> It's not supported in NetBSD yet (though nonaka@ is working on it).
> So, we can't use ixv(4) via NetBSD/xen DOM0 :-|
> Amazon EC2's C3 and C4 instance support ixv(ixgbevf in linux), but
> it can't be used because NetBSD/xen doesn't support MSI/MSI-X.
>
>  NetBSD's ixv(4) can be test with Linux KVM or VMware vSphere.
> Some people other than me must be familar with them :)

The most likely candidate platform would seem to be Google Cloud:
it's KVM based and last I heard Google was offering "dedicated" network
interfaces a.k.a. ixv.

Unfortunately to run on Google Cloud we would need a working vioscsi
driver.  I have a roughly half-complete port of the OpenBSD version
on my laptop but I've never found the time to finish it.

Is it possible to use the virtual functions as multiple network
adapters under a single NetBSD kernel for testing?

Thor