Re: bottom half

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 08:06:37AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Overall, the whole subject of locking in the kernel is too hard for new
> people to figure out, and I think it's great that Kamil is writing an
> overview for it.

Indeed, e.g., my first stab at looking at vnd
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2015/05/22/msg018746.html

Since then, I came across "Solaris Internals", and a sun microsystems
"Writing Device Drivers", which I wish I had seen earlier - they seem
to be closer to what is currently in NetBSD than the 4.4 red book.
e.g. page 82, code example 4-2 of "writing device drivers" seems to
be exactly what vndlock() should look like.

Cheers,

Patrick