Re: bottom half (was: New manpage: locking(9))

   Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 23:14:09 +0200
   From: Edgar Fuss <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>

   > 1. I was told that kernel halves are not used in NetBSD.
   I don't get that. Does NetBSD handle interrupts in a way totally different
   from BSD?

What I meant when I said that to Kamil is that we don't have any
formalized notion called `top half' and `bottom half'.  We have hard
interrupt handlers which are supposed to have small bounded latency,
and we have soft interrupt handlers and kernel threads at lower
priorities to which hard interrupt handlers defer long computations
and I/O.