Re: Specification of BTINFO_CONSOLE value in bootinfo.h

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 10:21:11PM +0200, deco33000%yandex.com@localhost wrote:
> Convergence of efforts, cleanness of design, well understood by
> everybody, tackles the a20 gate, and all the _very_ boring heritage for
> us.

By adding more stupid code to the kernel that is never needed after we
switch to 64 bit mode? Sounds like a high price for zero gain.

We do have a working boot loader, and it even deals pretty well with
multiple OSes installed on the system and boot selection.

Martin