Re: Specification of BTINFO_CONSOLE value in bootinfo.h

On Jun 3,  9:36am, deco33000%yandex.com@localhost wrote:
}
} I was reading the boot code to make netbsd multiboot compliant.

     Uh, it already is, or should be.  See sys/arch/i386/i386/multiboot.c.
I'm not certain if that is used for amd64.  But, if not, it would
probably be the place to start.

} What defines those values in arch/x86/include/bootinfo.h, e.g.
} BTINFO_CONSOLE,BTINFO_BOOTDISK.. is it the MBR ? the netbsd
} bootloader ?  I mean, the value of 6 for BTINFO_CONSOLE can be
} found in which specification ? Could not find out.

     None.  The definition is bootinfo.h.  Anyways, I don't believe
it's relevant to multiboot anyways, as that passes a string, not
a struct.

}-- End of excerpt from deco33000%yandex.com@localhost