Re: retrocomputing NetBSD style

Sorry to interject, but I had a blast bringing up my SparcStation 1 last night after it had been sitting for more than 10 years. Had to set up a netboot environment again (took me minutes instead of hours like it did the first time), booted it, and dropped a 6.1.5 kernel on the old scsi disk in it. Booted it off that kernel on disk and a 2.0_BETA userland with no issues. Gotta love it!

I work in an environment where you need 8 or more gigs of memory to run a huge pile of obviously silly Java code, which is only a GUI interface to the "real" machine it controls.

My Sun machine has 28 megs of memory and it runs the latest release NetBSD kernel. This is some kind of achievement in my way of thinking.

Andy