Re: Removing ARCNET stuffs

> On May 28, 2015, at 12:52 PM, Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Support for several legacy protocols was removed in recent years. I fear tha$
>
> To an extent that's inevitable, because so much of the networking world
> in general is becoming IP- and Ethernet-centric.
>
> But I too find it regrettable and possibly dangerous.  One of my
> copious-spare-time projects is to dig up enough specs to add a DECnet
> stack to my systems;

DECnet phase IV specs are readily available and good enough to build interoperable implementations (which isn’t true, unfortunately, for a lot of protocol specs).  DECnet Phase IV (DECnet/OSI) specs also have been uncovered, though they are in more obscure spots.  And DECnet nodes exist around the Internet; the “Hobbyist DECnet” group (“hecnet”) is the main focus of that activity as far as I know.

If you want pointers to documents, just ask, I can supply those.

	paul