Re: Removal of compat-FreeBSD

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 07:34:54PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 > By this same reasoning we should not have any binary compat code at
 > all. The only thing you've cited that's different about the freebsd
 > compat code is that it's out of date -- the proper response to that is
 > to update it. It's not like freebsd's syscall ABI is secret or
 > anything.

so, a more productive question: does anyone know whether updating the
freebsd syscalls.master from the current FreeBSD ABI will break older
FreeBSD binaries, like tw_cli? (I know they do care some about compat,
more than the Linux world, but I don't know how much.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost