Re: HDMI transmitter attachement

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

How do you say which driver you want in the kernel config file then ?

In my case I have vendor / product IDs to help determine the board type.

Interesting problem though -- and I missed the part where you were using an external i2c controller the first time through. I'm working on a similar driver for the Cubieboard2 at the moment but the i2c controller is part of the HDMI module, so I can simply use dev/i2c/ddc.c from there.

Do you plan on running the HDMI output and framebuffer at the same resolution? The reason I ask is that for cubie I was thinking to run the framebuffer at a fixed resolution, let HDMI configure itself automatically, and use the scaler to make it all work. Then to get a native mode right mode for X, expose the display info with WSDISPLAYIO_GET_EDID and have the X driver pick a new mode to use. I'm not confident in wsdisplay's ability to handle hotplug / mode changes for the console device. Maybe someone can prove me wrong :)