Re: HDMI transmitter attachement

Does it have you appear in the device tree at all? I had a similar situation with the DTV host controller drivers, and I ended up not attaching them to the device tree at all.

So e.g. sys/dev/usb/auvitek_i2c.c implements struct i2c_controller but doesn't appear in the device tree. There are separate "drivers" for the different tuners and demodulators but they are used directly by the host controller drivers (au8522, lg3303, xc3028, xc5k, tvpll, nxt2k, mt2131, cx24227).

Hope this helps
Jared