Re: cprng_fast implementation benchmarks

After reading all these messages a bit too fast, it seems to be that we
can add to Thor's analysis

  Moving the fast-not-super-strong PRNG to ChaCha8 is clearly a step
  forward from what we have now.  (really this is his conclusion)

  It remains for Someone to do more formal work (perhaps in an academic
  context) to give specifications for good-enough-random, to analayze if
  our implementation meets the specification, and if our uses can
  reasonably rely on them.   (I think the lack of this is the essence of
  what Paul is pointing out, and it's a fair point).

I'll ask around to see if I can find a spare intern.  (That's sort of a
joke but not 100%; this does seem like useful work to do.)