Re: Patch: cprng_fast performance - please review.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:27:45PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> Note the caller of this hc128_init() is:
>
> I'm afraid "9KB stack on rekeying" is fatal on most ports.

Well, the cipher should hardly ever get rekeyed.  The rekeying
intervals could be considerably larger; I did not want to
increase them too much compared to the old implementation.

We can kmem_alloc these structures instead.

> I wonder if we should also consider "speed vs memory"
> especially for embedded users.

It's 9K per CPU, total.  Seems OK, no?

Aside from reformatting, I left the HC-128 code itself
completely alone -- this is my preference for the core
crypto transforms -- but the changes you suggest seem
right to me.

Thor