Re: HP Proliant won't reboot

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 07:13:11 -0700
Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > installing and running goes but when I reboot it goes through most
> > of the stuff, detaches a bunch of devices and then says "rebooting"
> > and stops.  NumLock doesn't change the light and the system won't
>
> Does it power down if you use shutdown -p?

If ACPI is enabled, yes.

> If you use a current or 5 boot disk (or linux) does anything change?

Linux (XUbuntu) and FreeBSD both work fine.

> Try to decide if it's a kernel problem or a hardware problem. A
> bios/firmware update might be in order. Could be an acpi bug.

I tried booting without ACPI and no love.  I also tried no ACPI and no
SMP but still it hangs.

I am downloading the BIOS upgrade DVD now.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost