Re: arcmsr(4) and SAS

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:52:33PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> >
> > But no disk connected to the controller will attach. The Linux driver
> > does not seems to treat SATA and SAS models very differently. Is there
> > anything particular to NetBSD when it comes to SAS? I see in the man page
> > that some other ARCEA SAS board are supported by NetBSD.
>
> Have a look at the FreeBSD driver.  It has (last I looked, anyway)
> an idea of card type: "A", "B", "C", "D", and maybe even "E".

The ARC1380-8i is PCI productID 0x1320. It does not seems to be
supported either by FreeBSD nor by Linux as of 3.13.

The commercial name ARC1380-8i  is misleading, as NetBSD drivers seems
support the ARC1380. At least it matches it. I'm affraid this board will
be a paperweight for a few months.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz