Re: Work on ext3 extensions to ext2fs

Hi Jeff;

Very interesting project. I think a couple of people had a try on adding journalling for ext2 on the BSDs and failed but it should be somewhat easier to do by taking a look at what NetBSD has done with UFS.
It's still not straightforward though as the journal format differs.

Feel free to take a look at the stuff we have done in FreeBSD:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Ext2fs

We gave up on journalling in general, but so far the FreeBSD port is similar enough to NetBSD's code that we brought the dirindex implementation (originally developed as a GSoC for NetBSD).

Best regards,

Pedro.