Re: DTrace

On 12/13/13 6:16 AM, DEV Nexen wrote:
Hi everybody.

I ve just compiled development branch with Dtrace support but I d like to know if it supports userland probes ? I tried to produce an object file with dtrace -G -s ... but tried to find /usr/lib/dtrace/drti.o (which really does not exist...) so it fails ... is it expected ? Or maybe failed to configure something (set MKMODULAR=yes MKDTRACE=yes on /etc/mk.conf just incase...)

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

I don't think our dtrace supports userland probes yet, but I have done some work on our dtrace support (some work remains uncommitted) and would love to add it if it will be useful for people.

Any information you can provide for how you've used userland dtrace on other systems and what you're trying to do with it here, and I'll see what I can do to get it working and committed...

+j