Re: [patch] using luaL_register() on luacore kernel module

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
> Am 26.11.13 03:26, schrieb Lourival Vieira Neto:
>> Hi again..
>>
>> Just a tiny patch to use luaL_register() on luacore kernel module.
>>
>> Regards
>
> You are now using the auxiliary library, which I did not include in
> kernel Lua on prupose (to keep stuff smaller).

It doesn't seemed reasonable. Lua standard libraries don't add
significant footprint to Lua kernel module. In fact, on am64, both
versions (with or without Lua stdlib) have 240K.

> So what is the gain of including the Lua auxiliary library in kernel
> space Lua?  I think it should be discussed for five minutes.

Using luaL_register() instead of reinvent it, just pays the price for
me (which is 0KB =). Also, I think that Lua is really less useful
without standard libraries.

Regards,
--
Lourival Vieira Neto