Re: autoconf deferred processing

In article <20131022205705.C0DC812305%ren.fdy2.co.uk@localhost>,
Robert Swindells  <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

>Can somebody explain how the deferred processing code in subr_autoconf.c
>is supposed to work ?
>
>Looking at config_create_interruptthreads() it creates 8 threads all
>of which seem to walk the same list and delete elements from it.
>
>I'm getting crashes in i386 at startup and am trying to track down what
>is causing it. The faulting PC is random so I'm looking for anything
>that calls through function pointers.
>
>Robert Swindells

Edit subr_autoconf.c and set the number of threads to 1.

int interrupt_config_threads = 8;
int mountroot_config_threads = 2;

Or you can patch them in ddb with boot -d

Also you can add DEBUG_AUTOCONF in current, which prints the name of
the deferred driver as well as the count ot the deferred mutex. For
even better success, boot -1

christos