Re: unmounting a NFS-exported file system

EF> What would happen to NFS clients in case I stop nfsd, remove the partition
EF> from /etc/exports and unmount it, then reload mountd and restart nfsd?
MB> The clients tries to access the parition you removed from exports will
MB> get a permission denied, or stale nfs file handle error.
OK, thanks.
Now, in case the NFS client is idling during the time the fs is unmounted,
and I revert the whole thing (e.g., remount, re-export, restart mountd)
before the client tries to access the import again, will it resume normal
operation afterwards?
E.g., if I try to do the fsck during a period where almost everybody is
out of office, am I right to assume that only those few people not out of
office will be affected at all?