Re: unmounting a NFS-exported file system

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 15:49:06 +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> I would like to manually fsck a filesystem which is currently NFS exported.
> I could stop NFS, but that would affect several other file systems, too.
> Is there a sane and safe way to handle this, i.e. resulting in being
> able to fsck while NFS clients just hang with "NFS server not responding"
> for that one file system, but not others?

I don't see any. Removing the share from /etc/exports and HUPing
mountd(8) only helps for new mount requests, not existing mounts.

Killing nfsd is probably your safest bet.

Being able to "freeze" a certain nfs exported share on the server would
be a cool feature, though.

hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>