Re: Lua in-kernel (lbuf library)

Christoph Badura wrote:
> Also, having to switch mentally between zero-based arrays in the kernel C
> code and 1-based arrays in the Lua code make my head ache.

Yeah, I totally agree here. There are several other reasons why Lua will
not become same league player with C in the kernel. But for some
projects, the classical module (in C) and scripting (in Lua) separation
works extremely well. This includes complex configurations where you
need to orchestrate many calls to C code or some complex tasks like
generating code for bpf or now defunct npf opcode.

Alex