Re: Moving Lua source codes

Justin Cormack <justin%specialbusservice.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 08:37:23AM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
> >> So if no one really objects the plan is as follows:
> >>
> >> - Import Lua 5.2 to src/sys/external/
> >> - Remove Lua 5.1 from src/external/
> >
> > apb suggested using "src/common/external/<licence>/<name>" and lots of
>
> Trying to describe a license in a filename is an exercise in futility;

We already use such structure without trouble.  See README:

http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/external/

> I can see the case for gpl as a generic license class maybe, but in
> general you need to read the licenses for all the code, there are lots
> of them.

You need to read the licenses anyway, unless you do not care about the
legal implications.  We want to know what are we shipping.  We want to
conveniently manage this knowledge and provide it to our users.

--
Mindaugas