Re: NGROUPS/NGROUPS_MAX

The higher versions of the protocol prefer sites to avoid AUTH_SYS.
For discussion, see here

http://nfsworld.blogspot.com/2005/03/whats-deal-on-16-group-id-limitation.html

Independent of the auth type, an NFS server could use ordinary methods to
associate groups whatever user is selected for a given operation.  Ganesha is
moving in this direction.

The newest work in the NFS protocol in this area is about embedding
authorization
in the protocol through GSS extension, and multiple authentication domains
(Adamson).
That's not very far along, I don't think.

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin
The Linux Box