Re: "processor" abstraction

Hi.

On 8 Oct 2013, at 11:13 AM, Michael <macallan1888%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> on Monday 07 October 2013 18:50:53 Mouse wrote:
>
>> As for the minimal abstraction?  Here's a strawman:
>>
>> - mmap to access the coprocessor's memory
>> - ways (read/write? ioctl?) to do various things:
>> - - halt
>> - - single-step
>> - - run
>> - - grab processor state (registers &c)
>> - - set processor state
>
> -- trigger interrupt(s) or other messaging mechanisms
> -- read/write private memory which may not (easily) be mmap()able?

Indeed, I have DSP56002 card for Amiga waiting to be supported. It's connected
via clock port interface (4 bits of address space, 8 bits of data, single
interrupt line to host CPU). The 96kB of DSP SRAM is not available directly
from host CPU.

For a long time I'm tempted to add support for it, having such abstraction
would be very helpful.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa