Re: [GSoC 2013] Implement file system flags to scrub data blocks before deletion

On Sep 17, 2013, at 4:50 AM, Przemysław Sierociński
<> wrote:

> Finally, I was looking for some more explanation about this [2].
> I was trying to at least produce mentioned race, but couldn't.

1) ffs_truncate() takes the GLOCK at line 341.

2) ubc_zerorange() at line 328 may need to read page(s) from backing
   store and VOP_GETPAGES() takes and releases the GLOCK.

So ubc_zerorange() has to be called before taking the GLOCK.

J. Hannken-Illjes - - TU Braunschweig