Re: NFS vs jumbograms?

Matt Benjamin wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> That sounds like a sensible plan. I mentioned this to Rick Macklem at
> this spring's NFSv4 bakeathon. Rick said he would be happy to answer
> questions and the like, to assist interested NetBSD developers who
> might be interested in taking this on.

The code was originally done on OpenBSD (2.6, to indicate how long ago
that was;-) and written to be portable between the BSDen. The non-FreeBSD
ports (I never did NetBSD) haven't been maintained and some of the portability
has suffered bit rot, but shouldn't be too bad.

The place to start would be the source in FreeBSD's head and all the files
with "port" in the name need to be re-written and then whatever else is needed
to do the NetBSD port. I can provide helpful hints, but don't have the time
to do the actual port. Where the non "*port*" files need to be changed for
the port, I should be able to upstream a version that works for both to
FreeBSD's head, so that can be tracked once the port is completed.

Anyhow interested can email me. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, rick