Re: vmem(9) (was Re: netbsd-6: pagedaemon freeze when low on memory)

  [discussion of pagedaemon having a tight loop when kmem is low but
  trying to free some isn't successful]

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2013/03/04/msg015063.html

Lars has adjusted the default maxvnodes, which should help most people
From avoiding the pagedaemon tight loop.  But I think it still makes
sense to apply Richard's patch, which should make the
truly-out-of-memory situation behave a bit better, with many processes
stuck waiting for memory, rather than the system locked up.

It will remain to have more (and more effective) drain routines, and
perhasp an out-of-memory killer.

So if there are no objections, I'll commit Richard's patch (in the
message linked above).