Questions about LVM compatibility

Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question but I think here I will get the most reliable answer.

Is the NetBSD implementation of LVM compatible with the Linux implementation of LVM?

I read a little bit about the NetBSD LVM implementation and found out that the implementation in the kernel is written completly new and that the userland tools are ported from the Linux code. But I found no information whether the NetBSD LVM implementation is compatible to the Linux one.

The situation is as follows: I have a few servers where I am using Xen. The disks I have are actually LVM based and I wan't to switch to NetBSD. This would be no problem but there are two things which would be intereseting: Can I still use my already created LVMs so the PVs, VGs and LVs in NetBSD? The second thing would be they only have a Linux and FreeBSD livesystem for rescue reasons. So would I be able to access the LVM volumes from within the Linux livesystem when it is needed?

Hope that someone can give me an answer to these questions.

Best Regards

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and the wrong post mode.