Re: ioctl for i2c devices

The existing ioctl mechanism is for access to the i2c bus itself. For an example of how to use the existing i2c ioctl interface, please take a look at $SRCDIR/usr.sbin/i2cscan/i2cscan.c

Note that this is really different from providing an ioctl for accessing your specific i2c device. The existing mechanism accesses the i2c bus itself. Your device driver would need to have its own routines.

Please feel free to submit your completed driver to us for review.