Re: Can't load solaris and zfs module in Xen DomU

On Apr 10,  1:26pm, Lukas Laukamp wrote:
}
} I have a problem to get ZFS running in a NetBSD 6.0 Xen DomU.

     Modules aren't supported with Xen at this time.

} I installed the DomU over the normal way and recompiled the NetBSD DomU
} kernel with MODULAR option so that it can load modules. I copied the
} kernel image to Dom0 (Debian Squeeze Kernel 2.6.32/Xen 4.0) and booted
} up the DomU which works fine. But when I try to load the modules I get
} the following error as well as for solaris and zfs module:

     How did you compile these modules?  One of the issues with Xen and
modules is that Xen changes a bunch of kernel ABIs.  That means you
need to compile modules with -DXEN (which won't happen by default) to
even try loading modules.  If you don't do this, and you "successfully"
load a module, then there is a very good chance of the system going
"boom!"

} So does somebody know how I could fix this problem and is it possible to
} compile ZFS statically into the kernel?

     I haven't been following ZFS that closely, as currently it isn't
even close to being in production ready state, but something in the
back of my mind says it isn't possible, possibly due to licensing
issues.

}-- End of excerpt from Lukas Laukamp