Re: cprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 02:33:57AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

> And actually looking carefully at /var/log/messages & its timestamps,
> (rather than just the console without them) it seems as if it happens
> a couple of hours after the system was booted.

That's more serious, then.  That means something on your system is pulling
a comparatively huge number of bits from the general-purpose kernel RNG
instance, and nothing's putting enough bits into the pool to rekey it.

Not much uses the kernel cprng on most systems.  I haven't actually seen
this message show up on a briefly-running system before.

Thor