Re: cprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.

    Date:        Fri, 9 Nov 2012 13:13:25 -0500
    From:        Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>

  | Did you install by upgrading?

No, it is a fresh install off an install CD.   It is on a virtualbox
running under Windows 7 (one day that really is going away, I detest
Windows...) so I can trivially do new installs, and have done several.

  | We do need to find a way to ensure that upgrades result in boot.conf
  | files which will automatically load entropy if possible.

I assume you mean /boot.cfg?

It has ...

menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd
menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -s
menu=Disable ACPI:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -2
menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -12
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt

(plus the default, timeout etc settings)  default=1, which is the
"boot normally" which has the rndseed stuff in it, yet it still said

        /netbsd: cprng kernel: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.

when it booted (for me, unlike Iain, I think just once - but that just
means, I assume, that I am not consuming as many random bits).

And actually looking carefully at /var/log/messages & its timestamps,
(rather than just the console without them) it seems as if it happens
a couple of hours after the system was booted.

kre