Re: System hung on heavy load

   Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 11:45:15 +0100
   From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost>

      When I think back, I recall noticing that I got brutally high
   throughput during the transfer; which raises the question: Is there any
   known "heavy load" bug lurking which causes the postgresql benchmark and
   high-throughput transfers to hang the system?

Not that I know of, but perhaps we ought to have a PR to track these
issues.  When I ran pgbench on a 12-core (24-thread) system recently,
I saw vaguely similar lock-up symptoms.