Re: suenv

Julian Yon <julian%yon.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> From Thor's response I suspect that the LD_PRELOAD restriction that I
> asked you about (that I know is in Linux but wasn't sure about NetBSD)
> probably is in place. And it's a hack because the real problem in your
> specific case lies in the design of the module, not in the threads
> restriction.

I am not sure we can find any standard that backs the pthread
prohibition for PAM modules. It was bad before because libpthread was
dlopen() and operated in a process that did not had threading
initialized, but as I understand, the LD_PRELOAD way address that
problem.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz