Re: suenv

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:30:21 +0200
manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:

> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Nasty hacks like subverting the protection against LD_PRELOAD
> > on setuid executables are not called for in a case like this.
>
> Why is it a hack? I immagine it only configurable by root, and I
> understand it would cleany enable the program to use threads. Or do I
> miss a point?

From Thor's response I suspect that the LD_PRELOAD restriction that I
asked you about (that I know is in Linux but wasn't sure about NetBSD)
probably is in place. And it's a hack because the real problem in your
specific case lies in the design of the module, not in the threads
restriction.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012%jry.me@localhost>