Re: NetBSD 6.0/amd64 panic: ciss: dead (DL ProLiant 360P)

Mostly says that our driver doesn't talk "correctly" to the hardware.
The panic in this place is of course pretty silly.

       if (hb == sc->heartbeat)
               panic("ciss: dead");    /* XX reset! */

Linux just ignores the heartbeat counter. I'd replace the panic with
a possibly ratechecked printf() and try if that works.

It works. The controller is now seen and working, I'm not really familiar
with those drivers, is this check bypass safe? May I fill a PR with
this "fix"?

Emile "iMil" Heitor .°. <imil@{,,}>