Re: USB console or sshd support on installation media?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:58:45 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> That won't work for most laptops, USB ports are not symetric, you
> need an OTG variant (which lots of embeded designs have though).
I think he meant somthing different: The kernel collects messages in a
buffer. When the USB subsystem is up and running as a host, it attaches
a ucom(4) that was pluged in prior to boot. Then the kernel dumpes the
collected messages to that ucom(4) and uses it as /dev/console.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}