Re: Quota on tmpfs

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 07:54:07AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 09:33:42PM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:
>  > Yet another hack would be to create a sparse ffs image under a tmpfs,
>  > mounted with quotas via vnd, but evaluating its ideal size might be
>  > difficult, and you'd have to re-apply quota settings in the script that
>  > creates the image at boot time... :)
>
> Using mfs instead of tmpfs is probably a better bet here. mfs brings
> in enough of ufs that adding quota support to it shouldn't be
> particularly complicated.

quota2 for MFS is already there (or at last it was when I did the initial
work). limits have no persistent storage, they have to be recreated
after each new MFS mount (but is shouldn't be a big deal - or is was not
a big deal when quotactl(8) could be used for this, I've not looked at
how to do it with the new tools).