Re: Quota on tmpfs

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:17:42 +0200
Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> How do I enable new quota on a tmpfs?

A possible solution might be a per-user tmpfs, each limited using -s...
of course, it's more complex to manage though.

If I remember there is some optional support for symbolic links to
resolve to user-specific targets, but I forgot the details.  With
that /tmp/ could potentially be a symbolic link pointing to
say, /tmpfs/<user>/ I think.

Yet another hack would be to create a sparse ffs image under a tmpfs,
mounted with quotas via vnd, but evaluating its ideal size might be
difficult, and you'd have to re-apply quota settings in the script that
creates the image at boot time... :)
--
Matt