Re: raid1: unable to open device, error = 16

> OK, it's reproducible. After newfs dk5, gpt show raid1 doesn't work any more.
Another reboot, and it worked again.

The problem seems not to be newfs (or not only), but raidctl.

If I'm inside /dev and raidctl -c /etc/raid1.conf raid1, I get that "unable
to open device, error = 16". If I do raidctl -c /etc/raid1.conf raid1 outside
/dev, it works. If I do raidctl -c /etc/raid1.conf rraid1 (note the "r")
inside /dev, it also works.

So it's probably not as bad as I initially thought, but confusing enough.