Re: netbsd internals

Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni%devio.us@localhost> wrote:
> > I am a newbie to netbsd. I would like to know interrupt handling,
> > bottom halves processing and different synchronization methods
> > available in
> > netbsd kernel.
> >
> > Could someone get me a link that gives pointers to the above?
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/books.html
>
> Programming section.

These books describe historic/classic BSD and UNIX systems.  If the
question is about modern synchronisation methods in NetBSD (as opposed
to other BSDs or obsolete methods), then Solaris Internals would be
closer to the reality these days.  Otherwise, there are manual pages
describing the kernel interfaces, e.g. softint(9), spl(9), mutex(9),
condvar(9), kpreempt(9) and various others.

--
Mindaugas